When it comes to inclusivity for all, a gendered potato might not necessarily help eradicate discrimination against people for who are they are.
Although this character hadn't crossed my mind since Toy Story, the classic Mr. Potato Head is making headlines. Why?
The toy will adopt a gender-inclusive identity by dropping the "Mr."
As of Thursday, Hasbro announced that they are ensuring "all feel welcome in the Potato Head world by officially dropping the Mr. from the Mr. Potato Head brand name and logo to promote gender equality and inclusion."
- Hasbro Introduces Gender Neutral Rebranding For Mr. Potato Head ... ›
- Mr. Potato Head is going gender neutral - CNN ›
- Mr. Potato Head Brand Goes Gender Neutral in Hasbro Overhaul ... ›
- No more 'Mr.' Potato Head: Hasbro makes classic toy gender neutral ›
- Mr Potato Head to lose "Mr" title in gender-neutral rebrand - BBC News ›
- Mr. Potato Head drops the mister, sort of ›
- A mister no more: Mr. Potato Head goes gender neutral - ABC News ›
- Mr. Potato Head Brand Goes Gender Neutral (Sort Of) - The New ... ›