With season 2 confirmed, Daphne and Simon's relationship is going to need some rewriting
Editor's note: This article contains spoilers
Bridgerton fans can rejoice! Season two is officially happening. On January 21, Netflix announced it will renew it's steamy romance series, which left many of us feeling hot and bothered during quarantine. As exciting as that is, there's just one issue. Ok, there are actually several issues with the series, but let's start with Daphne and Simon's relationship.
There seems to be an issue within Hollywood and how it continues normalizing toxic and abusive relationships. Throughout the years, abuse has taken center stage in film and television, depicting these relationships in a positive light. Game of Thrones, Suicide Squad, Twilight, Gossip Girl, and Sex and the City all include some level abuse within their storyline.
- Subtle Signs You're In a Toxic Relationship | Reader's Digest ›
- Toxic Relationships: Signs, Help and What To Do | Time ›
- 38 Signs of a Toxic Relationship and Tips For Fixing It ›
- With 'Bridgerton,' Scandal Comes to Regency England - The New ... ›
- Review: 'Bridgerton' Is a Sparkly Period Piece With a Difference ... ›